The challenge as we see it
Taking a contaminated site and restoring it to a useful condition is a formidable task that must meet the high standards set by federal, provincial and local regulations. If your company is faced with this, you need an environmental provider that has the comprehensive remediation services and expertise to properly plan, execute and complete your environmental goals, as well as meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
Our differentiated value
Veolia’s integrated turnkey approach ensures removal through planning, remediation and disposal for a complete and cost-effective solution. In many cases, we can internalize the whole process. Whether the project is on land or in water, we have the skills to be able to manage a project from start to completion.
Our teams work diligently to give you an accurate appraisal and estimate on services, and to quickly move remediation programs through to completion.
The services we provide include:
- Thorough site assessments, including investigations, samplings and identification of contaminants
- Project planning that details and outlines functions and costs
- Containment and removal of chemicals and contaminated materials, whether in a dry or wet environment
- Decommissioning, including removal and disposal of buildings, tanks and transformers
- Decontamination of laboratory and production equipment, as well as contaminated commercial and industrial facilities
Our solutions for remediation
We provide a true turnkey service, including coordination with subcontractors, assistance with appropriate regulatory agencies, procurement of the necessary approvals and supervision of the disposal process.
We offer a wide range of remediation solutions, including:
- Site remediation
- Site stabilization
- Tank cleaning and decommissioning
- Mine reclamation and closure
- Waste relocation and grading
- In-situ treatment of contaminated soils
- Manufactured gas plant remediation
- Contaminant source removal in a dry or wet environment
- On-site contaminated
- Water treatment
- Hazardous waste
- Thermal treatment
- Waste recycling
Benefits for our customers
Turn-key solutions across many industries
Safe, efficient practices
Remediation solutions with a record of meeting compliance
Veolia North America maintains a proven record of compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations. We can help track your organization’s regulatory compliance via our Customer Information Management Solutions (CIMS) system. We will ensure that the handling, transport, recycling, reuse and disposal of all waste products meets federal, provincial and local regulations, while protecting against liability.
They chose this solution
A major chemical plant in Texas had a large drainage pit that collected wastewater and run-off from the ethylene production process. The pit had plastic liners that had exceeded their useful life and were leaking, failing to separate the waste in the pits from the ground beneath the liners.
See how Veolia successfully remediated the pit, preventing hazardous material from contaminating the environment and minimizing project waste and disposal costs.