The challenge as we see it
Today's in-house facility managers are expected to be equally fluent in everything from catering services and space allocation to sustainability management and environmental compliance. Yet buildings are getting more complex and interconnected, requiring highly specialized expertise to optimize performance and asset value (while keeping costs down).
Our differentiated value
Through customized strategic maintenance programs, the upkeep of building assets and support systems enhances occupant experience and comfort, in addition to reducing the need for unplanned interventions/interruptions. Preparing for, and responding to, the myriad of preventive and corrective maintenance tasks associated with modern buildings is at the heart of a functional facilities strategy.
At facilities across North America, Veolia has been charged not only with maintenance of utilities, such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and life safety systems, but also the ongoing maintenance of a building’s physical assets, technology systems and infrastructure.
- High reliability & performance guarantees
- Resource optimization & efficiency
- Access to trained operators backed up by professional subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Culture of safety with a matching track record
- Code & standard compliance and risk management
- Conserving energy and enhancing sustainability
- Robust preventive maintenance programs
- Integrated and secure smart building solutions
Our solutions for technical facilities management
Whether the objective is sustainability performance or reducing costs, our team of experts will work with you to customize a solution that aligns with your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and encourages continuous improvement. With versatile facility management, operations, and optimization expertise, Veolia can help address your specific challenges to deliver the following benefits:
- Guaranteed uptime performance for facilities and assets
- Implementation of condition based maintenance programs to extend the useful life of equipment and capital assets
- Mitigation of facility operations risks from climate / weather events
- Centralized and secure management and monitoring of facility system performance with a commitment to results
- Design and implementation of capital improvement plans, including work on buildings, upgrades for energy facilities, monitoring tools and systems
- Improvements to facility environmental performance, resulting in energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions reductions
- Assessment of carbon footprint and recommended approaches to carbon offsetting
Resilience. Confidence. Trust. These are the criteria that every facilities engineering program must meet, because your organization relies on facilities to support your business and mission.
Benefits for our customers
Improved environmental performance
Optimized facility operations
Mitigation of operational risks
They chose this solution
Facility Operations and Management Services
Veolia manages the central plant that provides the facility with all of its thermal energy and emergency electricity requirements, in addition to providing security, general maintenance, fire systems maintenance and waste removal.
Centre Hospitalier de l'Universite de Montreal
The Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal, or CHUM, is a new state-of-the-art, 3-million-square-foot hospital on the campus of the University of Montréal.
Under a 34-year agreement, Veolia is a shareholder and service provider for this massive hospital project, which is slated to be complete in 2020.