The challenge as we see it
Properly processing, separating and reducing waste streams is critical to helping your company minimize waste volume, recover usable materials, reduce disposal costs and lower long-term liabilities.
Our differentiated value
Veolia can offer you the right solution for your project’s size and material processing requirements, and perform the work in accordance with the most stringent safety protocols. We approach each project with a customized process and technical recommendations to address your specific sludge stream with maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness. This includes an initial analysis of all relevant factors, such as sludge properties, chemical interactions, logistics, objectives and regulatory compliance.
We offer a broad range of solids separation services, including dredging and pumping and dewatering. We can help your enterprise:
- Minimize hazardous and non-hazardous waste volumes
- Meet paint filter test disposal requirements
- Recover valuable products such as oil, water and metals
- Enable beneficial reuse and recycling
- Restore storage and settling capacity
Our solutions for solids separation
We’ve found that the key to success in solids separation is to evaluate all chemical and mechanical options based on cost-effectiveness and their compatibility with your goals. We use advanced technologies to create a process and equipment line-up that matches your requirements.
- Sludge dredging and pumping: Manned and remotely-operated dredge platforms and a variety of submersible pumping equipment are available for dredging sludge from ponds and lagoons. A variety of booms and other equipment can help meet virtually any dredging need.
- Full-service treatability lab: Our lab experts and resources can help evaluate the cost-effectiveness and likely results of using different types of separation technology. This includes the use of certain types of chemicals and their effectiveness.
- Long-term, on-site processing: We can help plan, design and build a long-term processing facility at your site in order to maximize the beneficial reuse of waste streams. Each process is designed specifically for your sludge stream and waste management or product recovery objectives.
- Woven fabric dewatering: This low-tech and basic method may be suitable for some applications. Tubes are filled to consolidate materials and refilled, with this cycle continuing until the capacity has been reached with consolidated solids. Advantages include very low costs (compared to other methods) and light labor needs.This technique is best suited for a variety of applications, such as sediment and lagoon sludge streams.
- Centrifuge: Veolia owns a fleet of centrifuges in a variety of sizes, “G-force ratings” and flow capacities, with a number of adjustments to maximize results for specific sludge streams. High centrifugal forces of up 2,500 rpm, or about 2.8 Gs, separates sludge streams with advantages that include light labor requirements and highly effective solids separation. This technology is best suited for oil-water-solid and latex sludge streams.
Benefits for our customers
Stringent safety protocols