The challenge as we see it
As a plant operator, you want the peace of mind of knowing that your degassing efforts are safe, cost-efficient and productive. The reality is that plant operators can no longer rely on a “steam units until clear” approach or a “one size fits all” solution. Operators require services tailored to their process unit to ensure optimization of time, resources and utilities.
Our differentiated value
Veolia has unmatched experience to assure that degassing is done right the first time, without tying up your valuable manpower and other resources during critical path operations. In addition, we leverage a vast network of local and highly-trained personnel to flexibly handle last-minute scope changes and customer needs.
Veolia has decades of experience in successfully decontaminating and degassing vacuum towers, FCCU fractionators, cokers and olefins plants, in addition to providing iron sulfide mitigation and neutralizing HF alkylation units. With Veolia as your partner, you can be assured of:
- The best chemistry solution from many sources for enhanced safety, minimal waste disposal volume, time savings and prompt maintenance and inspection of your process unit
- Extremely effective chemical strategies, including applying steam in the vapor phase, traditional cascade applications or incorporation into foam for areas with tortuous channels (such as reciprocating compressors or areas sensitive to increased temperatures or weight load)
- An engineered approach with the technical expertise to know the foulants likely to be encountered and processes that have been proven to work best
- Tested treatments designed to reliably and permanently reduce the LELs and pyrophorics, avoiding the need to re-blind and re-steam units
- Protection of equipment by neutralizing polythionic acids and knowing temperature limitations of units in amine or caustic service, all without adding extra steps or time
- A process that readies your units for maintenance or inspection, as opposed to readiness for cleaning with traditional processes
- Proper planning, including circuits designed around the resources available during the outage for safe and environmentally-friendly treatment
Our solutions for chemical degassing and decontamination
Our degassing services personnel are informed and knowledgeable of the latest safety requirements, the provincial health and safety standard, plant operational procedures, hazardous materials handling methods and cleaning techniques.
Veolia offers many different types of degassing solutions, including:
- Vacuum towers
- FCCU fractionators
- HF alkylation units
- Olefin plants
- Any other applications
Benefits for our customers
Safe and efficient